Is therapy right for my child?
Is your child bright, but…
- Struggles to get to the point when telling you something?
- Gets frustrated when listening to someone talking or telling a story?
- Doesn’t talk as much as the rest of the kids on the playground?
- Has a difficult time following directions?
- Often uses general words like “thingy,” its, something, instead of the objects name?
- Mixes up the multiple languages they’re exposed to at home?
You’ve asked your child’s teachers, the pediatrician, and your friends about these issues, but everyone says your child is fine. You know something isn’t right. Speech language therapy may be the solution.
Whether or not your child has a diagnosed communication challenge, speech language therapy for kids can provide effective treatment to help parents and children:
- Strengthen core communication skills
- Identify communication strengths and weaknesses
- Understand their learning process
- Learn to use effective strategies that allow them to navigate school and social situations
Strong speech and language skills allow children to express ideas clearly, to understand and learn from listening, and to follow directions.
Speech language therapy for kids
at Long on Language provides school-age children with the communication foundation they need to reach their full potential in school, at home, and eventually in the workplace.
Some of the areas addressed by speech language therapy for kids include, but are not limited to:
- Verbal expression
- Auditory comprehension
- Social language
- Written expression
- Reading comprehension
Typical diagnoses addressed in speech language therapy for kids include, but are not limited to:
- Asperger’s syndrome/High functioning autism
- Social pragmatic language disorder
- Language-based learning disorders
- Expressive and receptive language disorders
- Speech Apraxia
- Articulation disorders
- Reading and reading-comprehension disorders
- Writing disorders
- Auditory processing disorder
Long on Language is a fee for service private practice and does not accept insurance directly. We are able to provide invoices that maybe submitted to some PPO insurances for possible reimbursement.