There is a debate over whether weak working memory can be improved, and whether or not some diagnosed with ADHD perhaps have weak working memory instead. What we know for sure is that there are strategies that help compensate for poor working memory. Those strategies include writing things down and chunking information, but I believe that it is always possible to help the brain make new connections by providing appropriate exercises.
- Learning Styles: Are they a Myth? — We may be required to unlearn what we once thought was true about learning styles. Teachers must ditch ‘neuromyth’ of learning styles, say scientists Sunday 12 March 2017 20.01 EDTLast modified on Sunday 7 May 2017 12.28 EDT Teaching children according to their individual “learning style” does not achieve better results and should be ditched by schools in favour of [...]
- STOP the conversation! No one is listening — Where are the conversations? In politics, conversations where people have differing views are impossible. People scream at each other. No one is listening to the other side. Democrats are outraged at Republicans. Republicans push agendas in spite of the public outcries. No one is listening! How do we have conversations that move us toward healing and [...]
- College Communication Executive-Function Coach — Transitioning to college from high school Some college students, at least initially, need additional support services to succeed. Not because they don’t have the academic skills, but because they aren’t able to manage their new independence in addition to academic demands. A College Communication Executive-Function Coach (CCEFC) helps students learn to manage their lives by [...]
- Homework Battles: What is the problem? — Homework battles, whether once a week or every day, fighting your child to complete their homework is a dreaded chore. [...]
- Language Acquisition is the Key to Education — When there’s inequity in learning, it’s usually baked into life, Harvard analysts say. Source: The Costs of Inequality: Education Is the Key to It All – US News Language acquisition pis the key to academic success. We sometimes hear about kids from unlikely backgrounds benefitting from amazing educational opportunities because they have done well in school. [...]